Firstly Thank you for a proficient set of very helpful comments and links.
Tenforums really is the place to go for aid. dalchina special thanks for the links

Tin one really compress the boot bulldoze?? I once tried that and got into trouble
though probably a daft idea on a 2GB Celeron CPU


Bree #four Cheers for exactly the info I wanted, - I concluded up with a similar result (see image beneath) Matthew Wai

If information technology is used only for homework, consider using Linux.

You're quite right - Linux could brand good sense on such hardware...simply it's not my notebook.- and not my child either!. Tonyb

Nightmare machine are you sure they are hard soldered to the board?

If it were my mine, I might consider changing the hardware - but it's not.

My results, as guided by your comments
I used the Media tool to build a 32 bit Win10.
The notebook wouldn't kicking from USB with BIOS prepare to secure boot,
but information technology DID load in legacy mode

After the concluding reboot of a obviously vanilla 32bit install onto a wiped disk, Device Mgr however needed updates
Above all the wifi network wouldn't connect. At that place is no ethernet port

I downloaded & installed the Chipset & Network drivers from HP
Some of these failed to install in a 32 bit environment; fortunately non important ones.

I updated all flagged Dev Mgr nodes manually from Win Update, and and then ran a successful Windows Update.
NB This included the May Cum Update 2020

Hither the resulting free infinite and WinVer
Which version of Win10? 32bit or 64bit on 32GB SSD-ver1909-32-bit.png

I reckon that's OK for use by a schoolboy not into devices.
I ready Storage Sense ON, to run weekly and delete at 30 days
Device Director is make clean.

Task done (at last). Thanks guys

spilly